Friday, November 14, 2008

Great Orientation

Nov 14, 2008.. was the 4th time i went to city hall for Junior officials purposes. It was our orientation day.. We had speakers, to orient us of course. of how Gensan City hall works, the accountability, effective public speaking and lastly, we were taught bout the parliamentary procedure..it was fun..
I liked the public speaking part.. Hon. Ramon Melliza was our speaker.. He wasn't really that good in pronuncing words but he is definitely a good speaker.. he got my eyes stared straight at him and my mouth shut.. I will never forget what he told us bout Carlos P. Romulo..
Carlos P. Romulo was a short man.. very short that one time he needed to speak in front of a crowd but the rostrum was a lot taller than him..he told his secretary to get him something to lift him up, she took the thickest dictionary of the place.. and Carlos did get taller than the rostrum.
But, don't be deceived.. He was a great speaker.. One time, there was a debate and his opponent was a *big* Russian man.. The Russian told him.."If u won't stop..I'll swallow you" Scary huh.. But then, Carlos wasn't frightened yet he told the man.." If you would swallow me.. You would have more brain in your stomach than in your head.." oh.. what can you say? Great huh..?
After that, Carlos was elected as the president of UN.. He was the first Filipino who got that achievement..
Everytime he spoke to a crowd, they would always stop what they were doing and lend their ears to Carlos.

Hon. Melliza gave us some tips in public speaking..
*mastery of the topic
*consistence of the subject
*injecting jokes
*decency in words and actions
*and most importantly, sincerity..

I learned a lot from our orientation..and in the afternoon, we got into the session hall.. I felt that I was a bonafide official already..haha..
At the end of the day, i became the counterpart of Hon. Jose Orlando Acharon.. Nice..
And we'll be having our launching and oath taking this Monday at Gensan Oval Court.. with Mayor Acharon.. Oh.. Can't wait for the Mangrove planting next week!

3 comments:

Paragon Shirts said...

go go go GUibz..haha

sayang la ko kita sa imuha sa t.v

:D
..hahaha

:P..

ayo2

Paragon Shirts said...

hey guibz..chess ta ulit?hahaha

i'll wait for your revenge..(laughs in grin face)hahahahahahahahahahahaha

:P

phish

And how much longer
Will this keep getting stronger
I wonder what she's doing when I'm singing myself to sleep
Cause he's a faker
So see ya later
I wonder when you'll realize that she means a lot more to me

isolatedsocial said...

ui giby.
n.JO ra k
english2 n k.
joke.
gL s a2ng retreat.