Monday, November 3, 2008

a great door..

when was that.. that day when i, together with my 6 fellow classmates, took the Junior Officials examination..
last year, i saw how one of my classmates and my other 2 schoolmates rose up to the point of passing the 2 screenings of the Junior Officials and I saw how life-changing JO was..
I felt envious of the need of formal attires each time they would have sessions or meetings in the city hall..
and it was silly to wish to be one of them, too..
i wasn't given the chance to join or to take risks in joining that certain program where each qualified student is able to be in the city hall--experiencing how city officials work in the session hall..since..
uhm, our advisers pointed some selected students and i was not part of them..i was really saddened of how things went out.. enough for that.. actually, the exam was nerve-cracking..ouch! when i took the exam, i was really, really, unconscious of what the hell the words were.. of how the hell were they going to be given meaning.. oh my gosh! i wasn't really expecting to pass..

the next week right after the exam, a letter was sent to our school... telling.. i and my other 2 classmates were able to pass in the JO's first screening.. i was happy of it..i thought that i proved another asset of myself which they questioned before.. which they weren't able to give chance..

october 16 was the date of the 2nd screening.. we went there.. and we were the first ones to arrive.. the heck.. i felt several butterflies in my stomach..gotcha! my number was 8.. whew.. shocks.. then, an ABSCBN reporter was there..
inside the room, 3 judges were there.. and you needed to speak in english.. we used mic of course.. shockz! by the time, i heard my voice introducing myself, i liked it..i liked my voice speaking in english.. i guess it was the power of the microphone..uhmmm??

they asked several questions.. simple, though.. i answered them confidently.. that was my motto at that moment.. JUST ANSWER CONFIDENTLY..
that was it! and yes, i saw myself in the local tv..mMmM? what the.. abscbn does work well hUh?
then..the next thing i knew.. i got to the top 16! ahaha.. nothin'.. it was fun..


No comments: